Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CAD Tips & Tricks in NX Design Knowledge Base

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎02-10-2015 04:00 AM - edited ‎05-04-2015 08:40 AM (3,557 Views)

CAD tips & tricks and tutorials including the NX Quick Tips video series have a new home in the NX Design Knowledge Base.

The new knowledge base will include technical articles that explain how to use NX CAD. You'll also see best practices direct from NX CAD experts from both Siemens PLM and our users.

See a great topic in the discussion forum you think should be in the knowledge base? You can nominate the topic in the drop down menu. 

I'd love to hear what you think. What tutorials do you want to see? Leave suggestions in the comments below! 

Comments
by Valued Contributor
on ‎02-11-2015 10:40 AM

This would be nice. I think that this would be better if forum topic gets nominated then it will also get formatted into an easy to read article by a knowledgeable technical writer. The author/coauthors would be the ones who answered the topic. Yes, this would require extra resources but it would be beneficial.

Could we go back to older forum topics and nominate them?

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎02-11-2015 10:45 AM

Hi Cord, 

That is exactly how the Design Knowledge Base will work. I'm glad you agree it will be beneficial Smiley Happy

Yes, you can go back to older posts and nominate them. There is no time limit or expiry for when you can nominate posts, so the sky is the limit. 

Regards, 

Amy

Product Engineering Software

Siemens PLM Software

by Legend
on ‎02-11-2015 03:24 PM

There was a good webinar discussing NX9 2D dimensioning late last year.  There were many different ways of getting the same result in NX9 vs NX8.5 that is not completly obvious to the user.  For Example is assigning append text to multiple dimensions.  There was some other features that was not clear.  A good session over view of 2D dimenions functions versus NX8.5 way of doing things. Deep dive not a overall high level this how to create a dimension. 

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎02-12-2015 08:36 AM

Hi sdeters, 

I think I know what webinar you're talking about. We actually will have a follow-up with anyone who attended that webinar some time in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for the invite. 

I understand why that would be a valuable tutorial for you and other users in the Community. However, due to the depth and breadth of that topic, it would be almost impossible to narrow down to one article. Could you provide more info about what type of workflows you use, or what specifically you would want to see?

Also, we do offer several training options that address this topic between versions. You can take self-paced courses or there are trainings with an instructor. If you would be interested in any of those options, let me know, and I will send you more information through private message. 

I will keep your suggestion in mind, and if I can find a way to do it, I will Smiley Happy

Regards, 

Amy 

Product Engineering Software

Siemens PLM Software

by Legend
on ‎02-17-2015 03:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback.    I saw that there is a new webinar that is going to happen on the twenth of this month on this topic. This should cover most of the of issues and how they are going to be solved with this new dimension sheme in NX9 and 10.

For a tips and trick Example it could be multiple series.  For Example adding the same prefix to multiple dimensions. 

I understand traning and how to tips and tricks could be a thin line sometimes.

Thanks again. 

Shane Deters