Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you do product design without touching your keyboard and mouse?

by Siemens Legend Siemens Legend on ‎11-04-2013 05:55 PM - edited (606 Views)

Here is a follow-up video showing a Touchless interface to NX with a Leap motion controller.

The movie is available on the Siemens PLM Blog.

Jerry

Comments
by Dreamer
on ‎04-06-2015 12:53 PM

Is Siemen's hope that everyone will just develop their own NX API for the Leap Motion controller or why is the response "no plans to distribute the code" posted a couple of times concerning this new technology? 

I have a leap motion controller and would like to evaluate the use of the leap motion controller with NX for the design team I work with. I guess I am stuck either writing the code or evaluting other technologies. 

Related blog

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Blog/Elon-Musk-SpaceX-discussing-the-Future...

by Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
on ‎04-06-2015 06:01 PM

We are actively working on this but at the moment it's purely an R&D project to produce a proof-of-concept prototype that could be used to validate and demonstrate how this technology could be used in various user scenarios.  What we mean is that there are possibilities ranging anywhere from using this as a simple replacement for something like a 'spaceball' for 3D display control, to usage in immersive and/or augmented virtual reality environments, and it's still too early to say where and when will this become something truly useful.  That being said, as we make progress, you'll be hearing more from us as the opportunities present themselves so stay tuned to the Community site as this will be one of the venues that we will be using when we do make these future announcements.