Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX Quick Tips: Assembly Clearance

by Siemens Legend Siemens Legend on ‎08-20-2014 04:00 AM - edited (15,158 Views)

This post has moved to the NX Design Knowledge Base.

The complete NX Quick Tips video series can be found on the NX Design Blog or Youtube.

Jerry

Comments
by Dreamer
on ‎02-12-2016 03:07 AM

What if you have a complex assembly with numerous bolted connections? Each hole/nut has been defined as threaded – still a hard interference is detected. Is there no way for the system to ignore this? And to ignore mated pairs doesn’t seem like a good solution. Thanks.

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎02-16-2016 08:28 AM

Hi @Berggreen,

I brought your question to one of the NX Product Managers. Here is what he said: 

Depending on the complexity of the assembly this can be a difficult challenge.

One suggestion would be to create multiple clearance sets and perform the clearance analysis in multiple steps/stages/areas.  For each of these clearance sets you could define a two collections:  1 collection contains all the parts with threaded holes & shafts that interfere by design and 1 collection for the other parts in the area.

Another suggestion would be to define Exceptions (Excluded Pairs) but I assume the comment about “mated pairs” indicates you don't think this is a good solution.  I’m assuming “mated pairs”  equals Excluded Pairs.  I would suggest this capability be given a serious evaluation because the system can auto generate the Excluded Pairs based on a set of components selected or based on subassemblies.

I hope that helps!

Best, 

Amy