Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1847, turn of automatic work part change?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

User wants to create non-parametric lines in an assembly, using geometry in components, like they did in NX11, but everytime they pick something on a component, the work part changes to that component.  They would like to avoid having to wave in the geometry, like you had to in older NX versions.

I know the auto work part change is a new feature, but I haven't found if you can disable it in the Customer Defaults yet?  I may not be searching for the right term, if you can.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5

Re: 1847, turn of automatic work part change?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In Customer Defaults, it's under Modeling > General at the bottom of the General tab.  I don't think it's a preference anywhere yet, it would be nice to able to toggle it on and off without changing a default and restarting NX.

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello everyone,

what use can this option have?

TKS

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Cesare

Have a look to the first video under following link.

https://www.bct-technology.com/index.php?id=1055

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Cesare takes a step out of the process of making a component a work part in the context of an assembly before adding more detail. So for example you wanted to creat blends on different parts with top level currently the work part. Choose blend feature, set selection scope to "Entire Assembly" then select the edges on the component you want to blend, (automatically makes it the work part) then ok to complete, then select edges off another component without having to physically change work part, again NX will auto switch work part.

So the benefit is it streamlines design in context.

Hope that helps

Paul