Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st \ 3rd Angle projection symbols generated by the property How to modify the symbol size?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello 

I want to change the size.   <W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE>

01.jpg02.jpg

7 REPLIES

Re: 1st \ 3rd Angle projection symbols generated by the property How to modify the symbol size?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Re: 1st \ 3rd Angle projection symbols generated by the property How to modify the symbol size?

Solution Partner Creator

@Ganesh_Kadole Thanks

I tested, but the association is lost.

How to stay association, and can change the size.3.jpg

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @zxwangxy,

As it is not possible to scale the projection symbol directly and by defining it as a user defined symbol there will be no associativity between the symbol and the actual projection method used in sheet. However, by using the drafting attribute '<W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE>' as a user defined symbol, it will be possible to maintain the associativity.

This is a kind of workaround, check to what extent it is suitable to fulfill your purpose. The steps involved are:

• Define a note with the text as '$<W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE>' 
  • Use this note to create a user defined symbol
  • Create multiple symbols with different scale
  • Smash the symbols
  • Edit each smashed symbol and remove '$' from it so that it will produce projection symbol

I have shown the same steps in the following video. Hope it helps!

(view in My Videos)

Solution Partner Creator

Hi  @GaneshKadole

Thanks again,my problem is solved.Smiley Very Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

This works well for the active sheet.  Although when I edit the sheet changing to first angle the resulting symbol is a block?

Is it the font that could be casuing the issue?

I do notice that my text string is correct but on the drawing the $S is not show as your is.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

These symbols come from the *user defined symbol* library (*NOT* "custom symbols") (at least thru NX10)

This is the file "ug_default.sbf", located (NX 10 & NX12) in %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII

Not sure why, but NX doesn't seem to be loading the "other" one when needed.

In NX 10 drafting

- use command finder to find "user defined symbol"

- In the "use symbols in" select "part"

- In the right column below that, you will see ONE of "1STANG" or "3RDANG"

- In the "use symbols in" select "Utility directory"

- In the list at left, make sure "ug_default.sbf" is selected

- In the column at right, select the one of "1STANG" or "3RDANG" that isn't in your part

- add it to your part as desired (Scale or whatever) and place it on your drawing sheet, OK the dialog

- now you can delete the instance on your drawing sheet, but (as it is still in the part) the 1st/3rd angle projection *should* work

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi @zxwangxy,

Have you tried using File->Utilities->Symbol Fonts dialog?

After selecting this command, select OK in the next dialog and NX will show "Symbol Fonts" dialog:

Symbol_Font.PNG

Now, depending on whether you want to change the size of the symbols permenantly or within the part only, you may choose the option "Modify Font Params in SBF" or "Modify Font Params in Part".

Select "Modify Font Params in Part"(if you just want to modify symbols in current part only) and enter 1STANG in the next dialog and hit OK in the dialog.

Now, it will allow you to change the size of the symbol and you can input the length as 23 and height as 8 which will be half the original size.

And similarly make changes to the other symbol 3RDANG.

If the symbols are not present in the part then you may get the message "Symbol not found", which means that you need to place 1STANG and 3RDANG in the part file to make this work(Place these symbols using User Defined Symbols dialog). Once the changes are done, you can delete those symbols and insert <W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE> in the Note, or if you have already placed this on sheet it will just updated to its new size.