Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF solutions

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Hello,

I'm reseaching various tools to create 3D PDFs from NX CAD models.  I see a number of options:

1. Acrobat Pro + Tetra4D 

2. Anark Core Workstation

3. Theorem

I'm curious to see what tool(s) are being used by this community and what limitations you've experienced or which products work well.  If you have any experience and are willing to share your experience, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks! 

8 REPLIES

Re: 3D PDF solutions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @rsmith,

I have little or non experience with 3D PDF's.

But you might also want to have a look at another post on this forum:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/The-JT-Blog/JT-Open-TRB-Workshop-2016-JT-and-PDF/ba-...

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

How i can download and install Theorem to NX  ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Theorem software is available thru http://www.theorem.com/

I don't know if they have a trial you can use for testing, but somewhere on their web site you should find a way to contact them

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, 

I have very good experiences sharing parts and assemblies with STEP instead of 3D PDF.

There are free options for every platform to view them, even web-based and on mobile devices

Actually, on iOS, one of the best options to review STEPS is..... the 3D PDF Reader app.

Best,

Julian

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Rsmith,

It is a pity that nx does not export its models to pdf, for it, has the express review that serves to see the models in jt. The express review program you can download in the GTAC, but in order to export to this type of files you must have a Mach 20000 or 30000 license, although the Express Review program can be installed without a license, however, this is already obsolete.

From my experience, generally 3D pdf files are exported from Solidworks, just save the model as a PDF and click on the "pdf 3d" option. This would be a quick option if your company or one of your colleagues uses Solidworks. I hope I have helped a little with your question.

Best regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @rsmith,

We are using (rather testing) the ANARK for the 3DPDF and I must mention that it is a great tool.

Speaking about the limitations for conversion to 3DPDF, PMI's should be created using the faces not the edges of the geometry and the PMI sections should be created using the method 'One Plane' type. I am testing the various scenarios both positive as well as negative.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note at PLMworld, someone from Siemens said 3D PDF export is coming "real soon"

*My inference* was this will be in NX12 or 12.0.x

Time will tell...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled