cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D pdf

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I've used Solid Edge for about 10 years. Last two years i've changed to NX. I must say it's a steep learning curve but in the end NX is more powerfull.

One thing I can't figure out is why it's so hard for the NX development team to copy and paste the 3D pdf creation option out of SE?

Only option is to buy an addon for  eur 2500,- which is almost a quarter of the (NX mach desigener) licence. Pretty weird.

Lars  

6 REPLIES

Re: 3D pdf

Legend
Legend

They want you to use the JT file,  and the JT2go viewer. 3D PDF is not supported and I do not think they will ever support 3D PDF since they have JT.  Do a search on this site there have been a couple discussion about this.  

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

This link can help to combine JT data and a PDF file.

it takes some more work then just save as or export to, but you will get more options and details if needed.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/The-JT-Blog/JT-Open-TRB-Workshop-2016-JT-and-PDF/ba-...

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hmmzz SE has  JT and 3D PDF. Am I mistaken or is Solid Edge owned by antonther Siemens Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

SE was acquired by NX's parent company some time ago (before Siemens took over, IIRC). I'm not sure, but I'd guess that SE had 3D pdf before they got JT and they have simply kept it ever since. I've heard rumor that NX was looking to add 3D pdf support, but who knows...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

At last year's PLMworld, someone from Siemens stated 3D PDF for NX was coming "soon"

I interpreted that as NX12 or 12.0.1, but that is an assumption...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

There is a difference in the JT that is "written" out by Solid Edge and the JT that is "written" out of NX. It all resides with the PMI data.

SE use of PMI is totally different than that of NX. NX PMI is the "true" PMI that is read down stream by other applications. SE PMI is the driving dimensional values for synchronous technology, in SE and is not parsed to JT.