Dear Sir,

in solidworks we can create 3d pdf.

can i create in NX?

Regards,

4 REPLIES

Re: 3d pdf

Phenom
Phenom
NX doesn't support PDF 3D. If you wan to absolutly a PDF 3D, you have to by a software that support NX like http://www.tetra4d.com/tetra-4d-converter/.
Sincerly jt is better then 3D pdf, but the problem is that adobe reader is a software installed anywhere.
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Pioneer
Pioneer

maybe a good workaround.

Open the NX file in SolidWorks and than save it as 3D pdf

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

The many many times I see a thread like this I would like to think Siemens would include this functionality into NX.  But they stick to thier JT files.  Sorry and I do not know why??

Phenom
Phenom

sdeters wrote:

The many many times I see a thread like this I would like to think Siemens would include this functionality into NX.  But they stick to thier JT files.  Sorry and I do not know why??

Siemens have to pay for the 3D PDF license when they have a better and more robust tool to share 3D geometry from CAD.

I remember the same situation for the war between Sony and Microsoft about blu-ray and PDF respect to XPS.

The only suggestion to Siemens is to convert the jt in an extension openable to standard Microsoft application like Word, Excel or in a browser without install JTtoGO, maybe with a simple  browser plugin/extension.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM