Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 seconds to create a new part?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

We have just upgraded to 12.1 w/ Teamcenter 11.2

When I go to create a new model, from when I hit the 'new' button it takes 90+seconds before it will ask me if I want a model/assembly/etc..  If I pick model, it's another 30 seconds until I can start sketching.

Is this normal?  We were on NX7.5 / TC 8.2 previously and it was about as slow, but I figured it was because we were on such a primitive version, but it's at least as slow on the upgrade.  

My PC is only 5 months old Intel Xeon 3.5 GHz 8 GB ram.

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES

Re: 90 seconds to create a new part?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

A couple of things to look at since you are using Teamcenter. It maybe a network issue and not an NX or Teamcenter issue. I am thinking this for the second part of your problem. Once you pick your seed file it has to load it across the network before you start to model. 

The first issue can be related to your pallet files, the .pax file. If they are stored in Teamcenter it maybe the same issue or if the they not, you may have some items in the pax files that Teacenter cannot find, but it tries to look for them. 

Some clues maybe found in your syslog files or a call to GTAC may help you find the real issue. 

Scott

Experimenter
Experimenter

I do notice that when I hit the 'new' button, the little NX symbol in the lower RH corner is showing with the yellow band rotating around the circle the whole time until the file types show up, and then it lights up again after I pick 'model'  until the workspace gets initiallized/loaded

Does that mean it is pulling data from TC or just that NX is working?

We have a training guy coming in next week so if I can give him something to look for, that would be helpful.

Thanks again

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Stevebsy,

You say you have NX 12.1 ( I suspect you mean 12.0.1 Smiley Happy ) with TC 11.2. This combination is not supported the first supported version of TC with NX 12.0 is TC 11.3.1_a01.

See for detailed info the integration matrix on the gtac site:
Integrations_Matrix_tcm1023-214018.xlsx

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

How does your out of box native NX work when trying to make a new part?  This may tell you if you are having teamcenter slowdowns, or NX slowdown issues.