Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACIS export options

I need to get a NX file into a CAD package that only natively accepts ACIS (.sat).  Our reseller says there is no direct conversion from NX to .sat, so I am looking for any alternatives that might be out there.

Thanks,

Steve

5 REPLIES

Re: ACIS export options

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Check to see if the other CAD program will accept STEP or IGES files. Those are neutral formats that are used extensively among different CAD products. I'd be surprised if the other CAD program didn't accept either of these formats. Quick tip: of the two formats mentioned, STEP is preferred; it usually comes in cleaner than IGES.

Legend
Legend
I do not have any experience with this, but from what I've been told it works fairly well.
http://www.datakit.com/en/cross_manager.php

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

I can get a STEP importer for it, but it would extra cost.  At the end of the day, I think that is the way I will have to go.  By default, the program only accepts ACIS.  (It is RobotStudio by ABB)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
According to their blog, starting v6.0.2:
"We are also adding to already rich set of CAD converters by adding support for DXF/DWG, JT, NX, Parasolid, Solid Edge..."

http://www.abb.com/blog/gad00540/1DDE6.aspx?tag=offline%20programming

Regards, Ben

I saw the new conversion options too, I think I can get a version that will work until my main license needs to be renewed, and then I can get a license of both the premium version and the CAD converter.

My only "pain point" is that each CAD converter is licensed separately, and each converter is the same cost as the premium version of the program, which seems way out of whack to me.  However, it does seem to be the best option of those available.