Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About attribute in drawing

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi:

If the part and the drawing are in the same file, the fields in the title block can be directly filled in the attributes in the part, but if the drawing and the part are different files, how do you get the attributes in the part into the drawing?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: About attribute in drawing

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

@Mas2

check this part of the documentation.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid461527

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I have tried this method, but I have a few questions:

1. When I use this method, I will see the word [AUTHOR] instead of blank after "Authored by:" in the drawing area, not like the blank in the description.
  2.  This is the function when inserting note. If it is a certain field in a table, you can't see the attribute DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_AUTHOR when MB3 selects Import attribute in the field, so if I want to put the attribute in the table. Not using note, how do I do this?
  3. When the part and the drawing are in the same file, the attribute in the table is the attribute name of the part, but if it is a different file, you must add DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ in front of the attribute, so you have to create two different templates.One for same file the other is different file. Is it right?

Thanks

Highlighted

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Most of the customers works or master model (drawing and part separate files) or drawing and part in 1 file.

so if you want to use both methods you need to create 2 types of templates.

The [AUTHOR] is always showing when the attribute is not filled in. So it's a good reminder for the engineers to see if they still need to fill in some attributes for the template. (make sure that you create the attributes not in properties but in the attribute templates. by doing this it always will show the attribute in properties but when the deleted the attribute it will be set to no value instead of completely deleted.)

if you can to a cell of the note, use rmb, go to edit text. in the Edit text dialog box go to symbols->category "relationships"-> insert part attribute. here you can select the attributes that are in the part.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions