Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dimensions into a Table

Creator
Creator

Dear all,

On the company that I work, we use a table on drawing to specify some controls on the dimension, if required.

But, for add the dimension into a table, we need to type it manually on the cell.

Is it possible to link the text of the cell with the dimension or even insert the dimension (like Ø8,00 ±0,05) linked on the table? Everytime we need to revise the drawing, we need to revise all the table, that has more than 100 dimensions.

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES

Re: Add Dimensions into a Table

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You could create a series of 'measurements' on the Drawing which would then be captured as Expressions, whose value could then be linked the cells of a Tabular Note. 

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
...or you could create expression links from the model to the dwg, which you than can use in the cells of a table.
Dan Iorga
Sulzer Pumps US

Creator
Creator

Hi John.

I already do it, but in case of tolerances of these dimensions, and even GD&T controls, it is not possible to add these information using this method.

Creator
Creator
Also works if I could export these dimensions to a spreadsheet. but it should have the tolerances too, not only the value.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are the tolerances only found on the table and nowhere else? If information is only in one place than it wouldn't make sense to overcomplicate things.

If multiple cells share information then you can probably add another expression for the tolerance. If it is GD&T than I think you can also add an expression for the tolerance value in the GD&T frame.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Creator
Creator

In the company where I work, the system works like this:

1. The drawing is normally dimensioned, and some dimensions must to be controlled.
2. For special features, the dimensions are added on this table.
3. But everytime the drawing is changed, the table must to be manually revised.
4. See the attached picture, that the dimensions of draing is added as a text on the cells.

I wish to add it as a link, and it should to appears on the cells exactly as shown on the dimenion. If I change a tolerance, the cell must be also changed.

Phenom
Phenom

I find NX Dimensions, Notes, Tables, File properties etc. are very rigid and has to link through Expressions which consume lot of time and efforts. Most users don’t want to spend that kind of time on to make drawings having smart interaction.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

I agree with you.

Sometimes, is so hard to do something that is waste of time effort so much.

In this case, the drawing is revised many and many times, and would be good to have something smart.

But it looks so hard to do on NX that is better work with manual tables.a

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

What "controls" are you adding to the dimensions? Is is the symbol in the middle column? If so, why not just add it to the dimension itself?

You could create a custom symbol for your control and associate it to the dimension so that if/when the dimension moves, the control symbol goes with it.