Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a note with border in NX drafting

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I want to add a simple note with border and also be able to rotate the note and the border to some angle , change the text color etc... Is there an easy way to do that.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES

Re: Add a note with border in NX drafting

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

A single cell tabular note should do the trick. Or a note with a single feature control frame around it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I used the tabular note function and tried to change the text and border color to red but it doesn't let me. As you see below it says the text color is red but when I close the window the text and border are still black.

note.PNG

Do you have "monochrome display" turned on? Menu -> preferences -> visualization -> color/font -> drawing part settings.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yes it is checked.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also turn off the 'Monochrome' display from part navigator. Select Drawing node > RMB > Uncheck 'Monochrome'mono.png

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer
Unchecking the monochrome display fixed the problem but that made all my drawing lines to be blue including the title block. Is there a way to fix that quickly or do I have to go to each view to fix it?

Phenom
Phenom

You may not have to go into each view - it's probably the View Style setting for Visible Lines, Hidden Lines and possibly Smooth Edges. Each of those can be set to a specific color or you can deselect all colors and revert to the colors used in the model.

If your title block is a tabular note, change the style settings for the tabular note. If the title block is geometry, use a selection filter to select only the geometry type of which you want to change the color.

When finished, I suggest you make note of what colors you want to be default and either edit your drawing templates or defaults to match otherwise you'll have to do this every time you create a drawing.

-Tim

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yeah it is those settings but I don't think there is a way to change the settings for already created views all at once. I had to go to each view to adjust setting for already created files. From now on I have my preferences changed to make the hidden lines, smooth lines etc.. to be black. I also adjusted the color of the title block by making its layer "working".

Thanks for the info.

"I don't think there is a way to change the settings for already created views all at once."

Select all the views then right click and go into settings, you can edit the common settings for all selected views simultaneously.