Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding draft question

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, All!  I'm modeling a fairly complex part in NX11, and I need some guidance.  I'm trying to put draft on it and I can't figure out how.  I've attached the model, zipped (if it's not too big).

I need to put draft on the model splitting it at the X-Y plane.  My concern, and the reason I'm posting this, is I'm concerned I may have started the model all wrong.  Please take a quick look and let me know if I can put draft on this model as I've described.  Thanx.

3 REPLIES

Re: Adding draft question

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @lonesome-joe,

the part have some undercut and there are two feature that create problems Extrude(11) and Extrude(51).

For me the part is not modeled well.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I would remodel this part, putting the draft angles in the sketches, and incorporate the draft into the extrudes if possible.  At the last resort use the draft command where it makes sense at the end of the history tree, before adding the fillets to the part. 

Not a big fan how the part was modeled, but you should be able to reproduce this part with draft. 

There are undercuts you will need to address.  Like it was mentioned earlier.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanx for the input, I agree it's not modeled well (that's generous!). I'm gonna start over.