Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding view from drawing

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Doing this for the first time since the move to NX 11.0.1mp3.  Using master model.

I created an explosion in my drawing file, and want to add the view to a drawing sheet, but I can't see the drawing in the Select Part dialog, I only see the model.  I was used to seeing both model, and drawing listed.

Do I have to toggle something in the defaults to allow views from the drawing now?

Dialog Box.jpg

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
6 REPLIES

Re: Adding view from drawing

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @DaveK,

It should be listed.  I see you've edited the column headings of the listing window for the Loaded Parts, is it possible that the drawing "Name" is different to the ItemID (object column)?

Try entering the ItemID in the Seatch field to narrow down the list.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom

Yeah, if I add the number column, and put it on the left, THEN the drawing displays.  We don't use the Teamcenter assigned "number" for anything, so we eliminate it from the list.

NumberColumn.JPG

-Dave

That's odd.  I can't reproduce it in NX11.0.1 mp3 with just the Name and Description columns active:

Screenshot - 5_31_2017 , 12_15_38 PM.png

Does is matter where Number is ordered in the list of columns (using Configure...) even though it's unchecked?  You might want to consider opening an IR with GTAC on this, and for now perhaps place the number column on the far right.

Regards, Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Does NX sort the entries based on the name value when you eliminate the number column? If so, you'd have to scroll up (based on your first screenshot) to see the drawing, as numbers (059620...) would sort before letters (C17-...). Based on the names of the other entries in your screenshot, the drawing would probably be near the top of the list.

I took it for granted that @DaveK scrolled the list, but you're probably right @cowski1 Smiley Happy

Gears Phenom

@BenBroad you should never take for granted that I did the obvious!  It was there, just not where I expected it.  Prior to NX 11 and Tc11, we had the “Use item name instead of item number” option turned on.  Now it has been removed from NX, so we need to edit BMIDE to turn it back on.  That's my excuse anyway.

-Dave