Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle dimmension from center of holes in drawing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have several holes placed in a circunference. None of them is in the horizontal or vertical line. I would like to place the angle that one of these holes creates from the center of all the holes to the horizontal or vertical line but I dont know how to place the vertical or horizontal line. In fact I dont know how to draw lines associated to the view lines of the drawing. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

9 REPLIES

Re: Angle dimmension from center of holes in drawing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc

You mean there are no centermarks and you want to create angular dimensions associated to centermark of each hole?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have centermarks of each hole (blue) but I dont know how to create centermarks of the circle (red) and therefore the angled dimension between this two centermarks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Use  'Bolt Circle Centerline' command.

centermarkgiff.gif

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I use that command so the holes centerlines are not a problem. The problem are the horizontal/vertical centerlines because there is no geometric circle to select.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Quick idea: Sketch - project 3 circles - draw 3 point circle - finish sketch - make center line of the circle and hide sketch Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How can I project lines in a drafting scketch? Or are you meaning to do that in 3D?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No 3D. Just start sketch in view. But you have to do RMB on the view and "Activ Sketch View" firs. after this is possible project curves of existing drawing:

project curve.png

And then just simply project circles, and use 3 middlepoints to make circle.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Radim! It worked. I had tried to project lines to other skecth without success and to use directly lines in view sketch also without success. Project lines in sketch in view worked fine.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I just found out that you don´t even need to project curves in NX Smiley Happy NX let you use middlepoints of the holes without it. I used to do the projecting automatically from another CAD. Nice one..