Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Any efficient way to design this?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

@BenBroadThis will work well for straight sections (like the example part in this case), but I have cases where these 'sections' need to be created on a curved surface. In those scenarios, it's very difficult to get a solid body created from a tool using commads like extrude or even swept volume. I'll attach one image here where I have a similar case, and swept volume just made things even more worse.

EDIT: I have created a new post with all the explanation. I am using swept volume as suggested by @sdeters.

CLICK HERE to go to the post.

Paras Raina, Technical Head, MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
NX 12.0.2
Solid Edge 2019

Phenom
Phenom

@Paras_R; As you can see there are so many ways to achieve your design intent the way you want. So, selecting an appropriate and efficient path depends on the design challenge you have for a specific task. Unless you provide them clearly and specify them properly (what is it; Points? Curves? Crossections?...,) there is no use that we spend our time blindly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

@mike_fdoI just wanted the community's suggestion and their way of approaching the design in the case if they face one similar to this.

I personally feel this as a challenge itself to think out the most optimum way to design something.

- Paras

Paras Raina, Technical Head, MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
NX 12.0.2
Solid Edge 2019