Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array attribute mapped to Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Dear all,

We're trying to make manufacturing notes visible from a Teamcenter point of view.

Currently, Manufacturing notes are visible as 2D / 3D PMI through custom symbols in NX. However, these only appear in the Part Navigator but are not visible in TC.

We'd like to catch them in an attribute mapped with TC (through an NX open routine). Instead of putting everything in a string (and concatenate the note IDs), we wanted to use an array.NOTE Integratins options.PNG 

Has someone already done that? Is it feasible? How is the vizualisation in the Structure Manager?

Thank you for your help,

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Array attribute mapped to Teamcenter

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@Jonathan_B wrote:

We'd like to catch them in an attribute mapped with TC (through an NX open routine). Instead of putting everything in a string (and concatenate the note IDs), we wanted to use an array.

Hi @Jonathan_B 

Can you elaborate on the quoted text above?

What I do know is possible is that you can create a list of values (LOV) in BMIDE, attach it to a property on, say, the ItemRevision business object and map that property (and hence LOV) to NX - though you can't multiselect, which is what I suspect you might be attempting to do due to the array requirement.  Once the corresponding attribute value has been selected in NX and the part has been saved, the value is saved to the property on the object in Teamcenter and can be shown in SM once the property's column has been added.  So it's pretty straight forward with single values.

I'd also like to know more about how you intend to use NX Open with all of this.

Thanks, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Re: Array attribute mapped to Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Hello Ben,

Thank you for answering me and sorry for the late reply.

@BenBroad wrote:

@Jonathan_B wrote:

We'd like to catch them in an attribute mapped with TC (through an NX open routine). Instead of putting everything in a string (and concatenate the note IDs), we wanted to use an array.

Hi @Jonathan_B 

Can you elaborate on the quoted text above?

As you said, the content of the array is based on what the user selects (so the array is not of fixed size and of fixed values). If the array doesn't work, we need to work with a single attribute and handle the multiple values assigned to it with a delimitation (see STANDARD_NOTE_CONCAT of my previous post). Then in Teamcenter, have an automation as well to reassociate the IDs with existing Manufacturing Note Objects (added in the structure).

I'd also like to know more about how you intend to use NX Open with all of this.

The NX Open part is "simply" ( Smiley Happy ) to loop through all PMIs (custom symbols) of the part and extract each value which are also the P/Ns of the manufacturing notes. We then check if the values correspond to an existing Manufacturing Note in TC and we finally feed the STANDARD_NOTE* attribute with what was extracted from the Custom Symbol List.

Is it a bit more explicit?

Best regards,

Jonathan