cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies whose components doesnt have to be manufactured by ourselves

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sometimes we design an assembly then create dimesions in the drawing of the assembly and one of our suppliers manufacture the whole assembly (mainly it is composed by of the self components).

I want to structure it properly in NX with TC. 

I am thinking about create an assembly for making the drawing and then a subassembly containing the components and in the atributtes of this subassembly write PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER=YES. I hope this erase from structure this second subassembly and its components. Do you think this is a proper way? 

Thank you

7 REPLIES

Re: Assemblies whose components doesnt have to be manufactured by ourselves

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I hope this erase from structure this second subassembly and its components.

If your intent is to just to remove the reference from the Parts List then PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER, or probably better in this case PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY, would be suitable.

As a side note, the setting REFERENCE_COMPONENT (or Component is Reference-Only) would not be suitable, as this removes the component from the view of its parent in the Teamcenter structure, which is what I believe you do not want to do.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In fact, I want to remove components from the structure in TC, so REFERENCE_COMPONENT looks a better aproach. For the purpose I want to use it, a different company takes care of everything about purchasing and manufacturing components without need of the BOM (are simple structures based on their products), we only provide design and expect to receive the assembly finished.

Then, PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY and PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER doesnt remove it from structure manager?

What is the difference between PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY and PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER? 

Thank you Ben

Siemens Phenom

The PLIST attributes only remove the component (or sub assembly) from the NX Parts List.  PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY removes a component and all of its descendents from the Parts List.

Docs on PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY and PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER

Docs on REFERENCE_COMPONENT

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Maybe I understood wrongly the REFERENCE_COMPONENT atribute. Does it remove from TC structure just the component or the component and its subcomponents? I need to remove the component and its subcomponents from structure.

I see the REFERENCE_COMPONENT atribute is available to apply to "part" and "copy" but not to "component" in the "apply to" menu. How it works when it is applied to "copy"?

If I can apply to the part then I guess it would erase the component from the structure in any assembly where it is used what I dont want to. I can create fictional assembly just to contain the assembly in this case and just modify the attribute in these fictional assembly, so it doesnt affect the real assembly where used in other structures where I really want to be.

Siemens Phenom
I see REFERENCE_COMPONENT under Apply to: Instance and Part, but not Component. If your working in a Teamcenter environment, try checking the "Component is Reference-only" option on the component properties for the sub assembly you don't want to appear in the Tc structure.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ben,

I checked "Component is Reference-only", it worked fine in the structure, the component and its subcomponents doesnt appear which is what I want. Just one little problem, I cant see it in Lifecycle viewer.

Is there other method that allows us to see in Lifecycle viewer but not in structure?

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

Is there other method that allows us to see in Lifecycle viewer but not in structure?

Not that I'm aware of.  You could ask the folks in the Teamcenter Users forum.

Regards, Ben