Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Assembly Constraint names disappear

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @WZ,

NX writes various UI settings to the Windows registry.  I would only suggest editing the registry if it's determined that all assemblies exhibit this behavior on that one workstation.  If all other assemblies display correctly then you can be confident that its just the one part that has a problem. 

If you determine that this is a part specific issue, an additional test would be to make a lower level assembly in the structure the displayed part and see if the constraints in the Assembly Navigator (ANT) display correctly.  This way you may be able to narrow down the issue to a single (assembly) part.  At this point you might want to consider opening an Incident Report with GTAC and have them review the part(s).

If the problem occurs with all assemblies, you could try renaming the NX 11 registry branch (with NX closed) before you try anything further, like reinstalling NX.

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1872) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @BenBroad

thanks for the advice. When we have access to this workstation again, we will try. If we find qnything interesting, I'll post it.

regards

WZ

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

NX stores settings several places:

- Registry

- user.mtx file

- dialog_memory.dlx file

Usually when these "strangenesses" occur, it is something corrupt in one or more of the above.

My usual fix is to zap them all.  I will use NX10 for below, other versions are "the same only different"

1) Figure out where your user level customizations are kept (in NX: File -> Help -> Log file; then search for UGII_USER_DIR) (typically C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX100)

2) Close all NX sessions/applications (post builder, external translators, etc.)

3) Delete the registry key (and all subkeys) of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER” -> “Software” -> “Unigraphics Solutions” -> NX ->“10.0”
(note you could export it before deleting it, if you want to be able to restore later)

4) Rename (or delete) the folder pointed to by UGII_USER_DIR (step 1 above)

5) Open a new NX session, see if the issue is fixed

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Ken_A,

many thanks for your instruction. We will try it, as soosnas we have acces to this workstation back.

regards

WZ