Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Load Options; Part Left Unloaded

Experimenter
Experimenter

How can I force NX to look in other folders for parts that are part of my assembly?  I receive this error "Failed to find file using current search options, part left unloaded."  I can get it to load during that session, but after restarting NX, the setting is lost.

9 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Load Options; Part Left Unloaded

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

One solution is to use the "from search folders" load option. You can specify which folders you want to search and in what order (add three dots after the folder path to also search in subfolders). When you get the load options set how you want them, click on the "save as default" button (located in the "saved load options" section of the dialog).

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

One other often overlooked option is the 'As Saved' option. This will try and load all the components as they were last loaded in session, so saving the top file with everything in session means next time it'll open the same way. Needless to say, if you move the components around then it won't find them.

Dan Iorga
Sulzer Pumps US

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Dan for the additional info.  That's an option I did use, but the setting didn't seem to stick after I restarted NX.  Is there a way to make sure this setting is going to be remembered?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Very simple: change load type to 'As saved' then click the 'Save as default' under 'Saved Load options' (@btm). make sure you see something like 'saved to file ...\...\...' which tells you where your default load options file is located (use the log file if you lose the message on screen). This should make it stick if NX is launched the same way each time.

Dan Iorga
Sulzer Pumps US

Pioneer
Pioneer
Video instructions how to use Load Options (Russian):
https://youtu.be/Awf2EGUROys

Сhannel for NX users (Russian language) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvf0Rp4Sy6bRRyTYBF9rnJQ

Genius
Genius

And don't forget another option. At the end of the search folders path put (...) for example: C:\Users\folder\parts\something\...      It will then search all sub folders as well for the components.

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.1.7 NX1201_7_delta., 25Jan2018 Primarily CAM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for that last little bit on adding ... - it was driving me nuts trying to get NX to search subdirectories as well.

Genius
Genius

Watch out for files with the same name though. Things can get messy. I would like to see a utility that checks for identical file names. I am sure something like this must exist.

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.1.7 NX1201_7_delta., 25Jan2018 Primarily CAM

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor