Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly cut works only for some parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create an 3/4 section view of an assembly by using the assembly cut feature. Altough it works fine for some of the parts, I get an error message for others. You can see it in the picture.

I read several times, that the assembly cut feature uses the "Promote Body" feature internally. So I checked this feature and apparently it works without any problems. The thing is just, that I don't want to promote >100 bodies and subtract a quarter of them piecewise. 

Does anybody know, what the problem with Assembly Cut could be? Or how I can get a quick workaround?

image.pngError message

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Assembly cut works only for some parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Wulle,

This message is presented when there is a possibility of splitting component bodies by assembly cut operation. Make sure that assembly cut is being applied correctly to the all selected target bodies so that they won't split.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @GaneshKadole

Thanks for Your quick Answer!

What can I do, if the part has to get split that I get my expected section view?

As you can see in the picture I have two shell-parts which touch at a specific angle. Now I want to cut out the red cuboid. 

image.png

Siemens Phenom

What can I do, if the part has to get split that I get my expected section view? 

In this case "Section View (Legacy)" command can be used. You may need to start/add it to the ribbon bar by customize (Ctrl+1).

Experimenter
Experimenter

Unfortunately I'm not able to find the command "Section View (Legacy)". I can only use the normal "Section View" command, which is - as far as I know - not able to create the section view I would like to accomplish (Only it's "complementary" section where I get one quarter of my part.)

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

Here is a example

(view in My Videos)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @GaneshKadole,

Thank you very much for your video.

I found the command, but now there is another problem.

After doing everything as you did in the video (as far as I can see), I get the following error-message:

"A Section View target solid is in the wrong part"

So am I unable to cut through several "nested" assemblies?

Best Regards