Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly family drafts

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi all,
I,m making a assembly family off a special design sliding door. The dimensions of this door vary from customer to customer. For this reason I,d like to make an assembly family. For each family member I also like to have a draft...... How can I
achieve this?

I'm using nx1859 native
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Assembly family drafts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Can you please explain with image?

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
@Samadhan please see the pic of such a door.

Siemens Phenom

@Lars , I assume you have assmebly cosisting 4 doors as components which are identical in size and this assembly has drawing. And the size of doors will be varying per customer. Am I right?

Regards,
Samadhan

Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Siemens Phenom

@Lars , see below video:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@SamadhanGaikwad  you're right each customer has it's own dimensions. So I'd like to setup a part familiy with size intervals. I think with intervals of 5mm. So for each size I want to hava an family member along with a drawing. The doors (frame, glass, rubbers, sliding supports) also are framily members.

When I make a master model draft of a member this draft is nog copied to a new member. When I make a draft as stand alone my main assembly gets pretty heavy....