Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly view status options

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there a way to save a certain view status of an assembly?

That is; in a large assembly, I am working on some parts, from time to time I need to see the whole assembly, other times only a few components.

Is there a way to save a certain view status or the current visible components I want to see, then I would like to switch as I need to, to the make all the parts visible. After I am done viewing, I would like to see the previous visible components, then adding and removing visible components to the "saved view" as I need to?

Thanks in advance! 

7 REPLIES

Re: Assembly view status options

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I hope your expectation is to visualize different configurations of an assembly ...(not from the drafting perspective..i mean if you want to import views pertaining to these configurations also)

If yes then Component Groups can be one of the option you can try.

It will not only give you filtering and grouping option by just pick and select but also other advance options like Filtering by name /Attribute/Size etc.

I am attaching one movie herewith...If you wish to consume these configurations for drafting also then use ARRANGEMENTS.

Please see the attachment...i am not able to embed video here.

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

Another thing that can be done is to use the new Isolate in view that showed up in NX 11.0.1

Isolate in View

In addition to arrangement you can look into bookmarks to save an assembly with the parts you want showing and not to quickly open them at the start of a day

Bookmarks - What it is

Scott

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is "Component Groups" available in NX 10?  It does not show up when I right click on the components.

Siemens Phenom

@DaveL3149 wrote:

Is "Component Groups" available in NX 10?  It does not show up when I right click on the components.

@DaveL3149

Yes.

You need right click by hovering the cursor on the one of the column headers in the ASN.

Siemens Phenom

123.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

I guess we didn't pay for the good stuff.

Components.JPG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Arrangements is what I tried first. It does not seem to remember which parts were vissible and which parts not. It does remember suppressed parts as you know.

I realise now why I did not see the component groups before;

Show Component Groups needs to be on. This made me particularly annoyed this morning as I could not figure out why I could not see the component groups this morning. Until I did a command search....