Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign material for few components in assembly

Legend
Legend

Is it possible to assign the same material to some assembly components?

Or only assigning for Body accepted?

It would be good to have possibility to assign same material to a few diferent components

NX 10.0.3.5

4 REPLIES

Re: Assign material for few components in assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @alex_c

If you're looking to use the Materials Library to assign materials then you're going to have to make the components the work part to assign the material to their bodies.  We have several enhancements already submitted requesting the ability to assign materials at the assembly level, I've listed a couple below.  It appears that the first one is what you're looking for - i.e., applying material properties to components that are the same material:

ER 1907403:

Make assigning material in assembly to all components possible in one step for all components using identical materials selected by user.

ER 8326044:
Please add function to allow the user assign materials to component in an assembly without making the component the work part.

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

I suppose that will be in some of next NX11 releases? not for NX10?

Siemens Phenom
It's not in NX11. My best advice would be to open an IR with GTAC, mention the existing ER. They can add you to a notification distribution so that you'll be informed regarding any progress with that ER.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

@BenBroad wrote:

Hi @alex_c

If you're looking to use the Materials Library to assign materials then you're going to have to make the components the work part to assign the material to their bodies.  We have several enhancements already submitted requesting the ability to assign materials at the assembly level, I've listed a couple below.  It appears that the first one is what you're looking for - i.e., applying material properties to components that are the same material:

ER 1907403:

Make assigning material in assembly to all components possible in one step for all components using identical materials selected by user.

ER 8326044:
Please add function to allow the user assign materials to component in an assembly without making the component the work part.

Regards, Ben

Thank you for sharing the information! Smiley Happy