Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associative views from master model drawing with "flattened" component

Builder
Builder

Dear Community

I am looking for a way to export drawings from one NX User to another in a different company. The goal is to export associative drawings in master model concept fashion. However I do not like to export the component feature history with this, I'd like the component to contain only the relevant body for drawing view creation without any features or feature history thereof.

Can anybody guess if such an option exists in NX?

2018-05-08_16h30_03.png

Re: Associative views from master model drawing with "flattened" component

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Mascaritas,

Just confirm you want to export the part and the drawing or just the part. Does it have to have the same part number for the other recipient? There is an option in NX to remove all parameters from a body so you are just left with that, no feature history. The drawing would remain associative to the body.

Regards

Paul

Builder
Builder

Dear Paul

I'd like to export two parts: a drawing in .prt format and also the component in .prt as well

I have tried the same process as proposed already and it seems to works. I am now trying to figure out if this can be automated somehow. I assume there is no out of the box function like "defeature all components" ...

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Assuming only 1 solid body per part, it is a one step process.

If you want to automate it - try recording a journal.

You will have to remove the journal "stickiness" and (maybe ) loop thru all  the solid bodies, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled