Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoballoons on different sheets

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello everyone.
I'm new here and it's my first topic.

Is there any way to create autoballoons on different sheets using only one parts list on the first sheet?
7 REPLIES

Re: Autoballoons on different sheets

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Add a balloon without any text on the second sheet. Tag the leader to your item.

RMB and select auto balloon.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I've tried to do it but it works only when I add the main assembly on second/third/etc sheets. But when I create base view of the subassembly or of the detail on the other sheets then the autoballoons don't generate...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Your work flow is a bit different then what I do.

Hopefully another user will have an answer.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Look at the NX help for environment varaiable:

UGII_UPDATE_ALL_ID_SYMBOLS_WITH_PLIST

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"But when I create base view of the subassembly or of the detail on the other sheets then the autoballoons don't generate..."

If you add a view from another model file, you will end up with a "drafting component" type of view. These won't show up in a parts list and I don't think you can add balloons to them either...

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:id701237:ba...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for your answers.
I have another question regarding the auto balloons- is there any possibility to set creating auto balloons on face? By default, nx creates auto balloons on the edge...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey there,

Not sure if you're still having this issue, but I was able to accomplish this by doing the following steps.

1. Go to the sheet that has the view on it (the view you want to auto-balloon)
  2. Click the Auto Balloon button
  3. Select the parts list in the Part Navigator tree, this way you don't have to leave the page.
  4. The views on the current page will appear in the selection.

Viola!