If we have for example 4 screws (same component different instances) in an assembly and we replace one of them by other screw, NX keeps the same ballon number for the new screw so in the part list it may be a bit confusing. Is that normal? A Bug? A NX/TC configuration? Thanks in advance
No, I am not, in fact. Talking about ballons was my way of trying to explain the problem in english. The problem is with the numbers in the part list, I dont know what happens with the ballon itselft, maybe there is a problem there too. But what I wanted to solve is that two diferent components have the same number in part list, so we need to be aware of that to avoid mistakes and then manually change it.
A stab in the dark here...
When you replace a component there are options at the bottom of the Replace Component dialog in the Settings section - in particular pay attention to the Component Properties - Name Option. If this setting is set to "Maintain" then the Component Name that was assigned to the original component is maintained after a replace operation. I wonder if this is what happened, and the Component Name remained rather than updated to reflect the name of the new component.
Turn on the Component Name column in the Assembly Navigator and see if the two components have the same Component Name.
Now edit the settings of the column in the Parts List where the names are the same. Identify which attribute is used to drive that column - is it Component Name? Is Key Field checked?
Hello Ben, sorry about not explaining properly at the begining.
The replace component dialog setting is "as specified" (literal translation, I dont know if is the same in english).
I have checked key field for the "ballon number" column without success. Is thre any problem by keeping this setting checked?
I think the atribute driven that column is "CALLOUT" that is present in the master model. I think it comes from TC.
My Experience with Teamcenter and Item #'s AKA (Callouts) AKA (Sequence numbers) is that when you replace a part The callout out number is going to take the Item # that you are replacing. If you want to have more control over your item #, do your replacing of components in the structure manager in teamcenter. Then you can also change your sequence number at the same time. When you add a new part to your assembly Teamcenter increases this item# by 10.
The reason your callout is retained is because during the Replace Component operation you had "Maintain Relationships" checked. If checked, a new callout is not assigned (I've verified this). As @sdeters mentioned, you can edit the value in the Find No. column in Structure Manager, or you can edit the CALLOUT attribute via the component properties.