Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon content messing up

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm addeding text manually to the balloons & they all are going in  like you would think  so. That is until I close out & reopen the drawing. Then the text changes to a square with C beside it. If I double pick the balloon to edit the text is shows as $~C as the text that is there. Trying to find the setting that changes the text but I don't see anywhere that sets the text to be what it is getting changed to. Any ideas as to why or whats causing it. This is in NX10

7 REPLIES

Re: Balloon content messing up

Legend
Legend

It's driven by your Parts List....

BALLOON.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Since it's driven by the parts list what text if any should there be in that field. The computer that I'm working on has a new install of version 10 on it & that's what I did this one on. If I check the other computer that I've done the exact same steps to creating a parts list & balloon with manual text, I have the same text you've circled on both computers. I didn't have that issue on the older system. What would be ideal is if it could tie back to the custom property we use that is in every part to generate the item number for the part list but for now would go with just being able to enter the text manually. 

Legend
Legend

Edit the Settings of your PartsList so it's not using Callout

part.jpg

Legend
Legend

Sorry, that doesn't work. What is the Settings of your PartsList?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

These are the part list settings that I have. The one marked good is on an older drawing that was done in NX10 on the old system. The other is off of the new system that has the messed up balloons. I tried changing that to CUSTOM with nothing in the custom text field but again when updating it changes the text back to blank.
GOOD DWG.JPGGOOD PARTS LIST SETTINGPARTS LIST BAD.JPGBAD BALLOONS

Legend
Legend

Are both PartslIsts using a Callout Column that is the Same, or has someone overwritten the Callouts with Text?

call.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Both parts list were done the same way. We don't use the autonumbering from NX but have a property in the part called DET_NO that generates the order of the parts list. Just tried something I never had to do before but added <W$=@DET_NO> to the custom text field & it's populating the balloons like they were before. Will try it like that for now & see if it stays. Just strange that I've never had to do that before but this is NX & nothing seems normal :-) . Thanks for the help Joe