Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Curves should be like Ungroup curves should not sit in `Non-timestamp Geometry',

Genius
Genius

Hello Friends

Version : Nx11

Basic Curves should be like Ungroup curves should not sit in `Non-timestamp Geometry',

I am working with the Section curves (Which is automatically created by the View Section > Save Section curves and sitting as Group), Now while editing the curves I need to create some Basic Curves manually which is going to sit in the `Non-timestamp Geometry'.

Is there any way to remove all Basic Curves rom `Non-timestamp Geometry' and make them as like generated Section curves.

Thanks in advance

Sekar

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Basic Curves should be like Ungroup curves should not sit in `Non-timestamp Geometry',

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Sekars ,

If you want to use only Basic Curves for editing, you'll need to use Composite Curves command to create a copy of all curves together or individually to list them under Model History node. 

Other way could be to use Curves command from Curves tab.

Please find video below.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Re: Basic Curves should be like Ungroup curves should not sit in `Non-timestamp Geometry',

Genius
Genius
No My requirement is differ, I am generating the curves from View Section (Ctrl+H) and Save Section curves. It will sit inside the Group which is in Part Navigator. If we Ungroup Full then these curves will disappear in Group / Part Navigator but we can find these curves in graphic window in 3D space.

As like this the Basic Curves manually created should appear in 3D space but should not be present anywhere in part navigator (Should not in Model History and Non-time stamp order.

Siemens Phenom

Are you really seeing curves disappear from PNT but vivisble in graphics? Can you upload a video file?

I tried to Ungroup them Full, they disappeared from Group and remain listed in NTG folder and this is correct. Non-timestamp Geometry is the folder where all objects which have no timestamp are listed. So what you want is I think just impossible.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Genius
Genius

Hello

In the video it is not clear how curves are generated, now i am realizing that even if we are ungrouping the section curves (Already it may be in `Non-timestamp Geometry' or after Full ungroup if these curves are moved to `Non-timestamp Geometry') then if it moves to `Non-timestamp Geometry', and the Manually created Basic Curves also created in `Non-timestamp Geometry', then this Discussion / Thread is invalid since any how both the section curves and the Manually created Basic Curves lies in the `Non-timestamp Geometry'.

But i need to confirm that the section is sitting in `Non-timestamp Geometry' before or after the full ungroup.

Siemens Phenom
Yes, when save Section curves, they are added to both Group and NTG node. When ungrop from Group node, they get removed and will continue to remain in NTG node.

Regards,
Samadhan

Genius
Genius

Thanks to Samadhan

As like my earlier writing, this Discussion Thread is invalid since the Section curves already in NTG.

Thanks again.