Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Bend annotations 4x pcs in to one easily ?

[ Edited ]

Hi

Someone else made this drawing and had different default preferences.

It has 4x pcs of bend annotations.

I have by default only one arrow and 3x pcs annotations.

But the "NX remembers" the previous users defaults and always places all 4x pcs on a updated Flat-Pattern Sheet metal and I have to manually go through every one of them to turn them look like my default ones look like.

• Is there a easier solution to force NX to my default sheet annotation preferences and forget earlier users default somehow stored to the .PRT file itself ?

Arrows in bend.png

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author 12131444
‎12-14-2016 12:44 AM

Re: Bend annotations 4x pcs in to one easily ?

[ Edited ]

You will need to change the preferences that are stored in the part file. Go to menu -> preferences -> sheet metal => callout configuration and make your changes there. Changing the customer defaults only affects session settings and brand new parts made from the "blank" template.

Update: While searching for something else, I stumbled upon this thread that you might find useful.

Could not find it ? I have NX 9.0.3.4

CONFIG CALLOUT.png

[ Edited ]

Can't find "Part preferences" so I can change all bend annotations at once ?

• Now I go through every annotation seperately and just input the texts under 1 leader and remove the 3 other leaders. Puh Smiley Sad

PICTURE12.png

I've made my annotation even shorter: I leave out as many words as possible, put everything in 1 line and translating the direction in our local language (=Flemish,Dutch)

<!KEY=0,3.1@UGS.angle><$s> <!KEY=0,3.2@UGS.direction "OP" "NEER">

So this could result in "90° OP" or "135° NEER"

In the other Thread "Cubalibre" had a question whether he could have "-" (minus) sign when bends are downward.

You could do this by redefining UGS.direction as following and put it in front of the angle callout:

<!KEY=0,3.2@UGS.direction "" "-"><!KEY=0,3.1@UGS.angle>

BTW, if you need the INSIDE bend angle you can use following callout:

<!KEY=0,3.1@UGS.includedAngle>

The definition for the "°" behind the angles is:

<$s>

The end result could look like this:

NX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend CalloutNX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend Callout

This is how you can make your own custom Bend Callout definition:

NX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend Callout CustomNX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend Callout CustomNX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend Callout CustomNX Sheet Metal Drafting Bend Callout Custom

I hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.1.11 MP2 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

"Could not find it ? I have NX 9.0.3.4"

It looks like you got to the same settings through the drafting preferences.

If you want to find the sheet metal preferences as outlined in my post, make sure that you are in the sheet metal application before making the menu picks (the sheet metal preferences do not show up in the menu unless you are in the sheet metal application).