Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borders and zones folding marks

Builder
Builder

Is possible add marks to folding drawings? NX create automatic borders and zones, but for me missing marks for folding drawing after plot. Marks would be displayed every 210mm on horizontal border and every 297mm on vertical border (from bottom right origin) - see pdf.

11 REPLIES

Re: Borders and zones folding marks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use the boarders and zone dialog to create your new drawing boarding and have it create the center marks. What I did from there was to copy and paste the center mark and move it to my new desired location. Now just save this file as a template.

Scott

Builder
Builder

After change sheet format, copied marks are on wrong position.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Perhaps you could use a drafting sketch to create your own fold marks?

Builder
Builder

I am looking for a simple solution. I have custom borders as group in drawing (A0, A1,.... A4). But when change sheet format and activate corresponding group, my title block is in the wrong place.

Siemens Phenom

What about creating a custom symbol that you could put where ever it is needed?

Scott

Builder
Builder

This is possible solution, but when i change sheet format, i forget import symbol Smiley Happy (and delete current symbol).

Genius
Genius
NX still lacks useful functionality for drawing borders and title blocks. We have 10 ERs running from NX8 that are absolute basic functionality to even *think* about using these then new features. I think currently 8 to 9 are still open.
I am pretty sure that these are no "special things" only we need but somehow there seems to be no action from Siemens to provide usable tools. Many loose ends but nothing that someone can use from scratch. Currently we use the NX Tools and hope that somewhere in the far future NX implements something useful.
I am pretty sure that 75%+ of all users would like to have these features...

Siemens Phenom
I agree completely. The Border/Zone/Titleblock functionality is an OK demo tool but a terrible production tool due to all of its limitations that have yet to be resolved.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
@josch, can you list those ERs here? The more people that add themselves to an ER, the more likely that it may be implemented.
Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2