Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out section a non-sectioned object in a section view?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Here is my question (NX 11.0.2): I have created a section view using the top view of an assembly. In the assembly, there is a standard fastener which I select as non-sectioned object in the section view dialog and the section view is OK. However, there is a key inside the fastener and I want to create a broken out section around it on the SAME section view.

Since the fastener is selected as non-sectioned, I cannot create a broken out section, and I don't want to create another section view.

Is there a way of break-out sectioning an object, which is selected as a non-sectioned object in the SAME section view?

5 REPLIES

Re: Break out section a non-sectioned object in a section view?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @egurkan,

Select the section view > RMB > Edit, remove the component from the Non-Sectioned list.

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks  Ganesh_Kadole 

Ganesh_Kadole wrote:

Hi @egurkan,

Select the section view > RMB > Edit, remove the component from the Non-Sectioned list.

But then the part will be sectioned in the section view. I want it to remain unsectioned in the main section view while being able to break out section it.

Siemens Phenom

@egurkan, This is not possible. Rather than break out section view, I would suggest to create a PMI Section View with the required components. Create the respective view in the drafting and hide the other components in that view.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom
Existing ER 1953193: "Allow individual section status for components in Breakout Sections."

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you all, I guess I need to wait for a while. I'll try pmi sectioning, thanks.