Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out section view

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have someone who created a break out section view. If he tries to delete it he gets this error:

Error recovery completed for the following error:

Internal error: Memory access violation

The only way he can delete the break out section view, is to delete the base view.

Same error occurrs when he tries to 'Undo' the command.

Any ideas???

NX8.5.3

2 REPLIES

Re: Break out section view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

any "internal error: memory access violation" is a serious software error, that can have many reasons. Unfortunately NX 8.5.3 is out of standard maintenance. That means you won't get a bugfix for it anymore.

If this problem occurs with a supported version (last Maintenance Release of NX10 or NX11) you can report it to GTAC and they will create a PR that goes to development. Then development will work on it.

Your problem ist part-specific, I guess. That means that very probably you don't have the problem with other parts . As a workaround, you can try to delete other objects of the view (dimensions, labels, centerline symbols,...) and then try to delet the breakout. If this works, you can repeat this and narrow down to the object that fails.

In any case you can ask GTAC for help. They may know another workaround as they usually deal with that kind of issues every day.

Hope that helps,

Johannes

Re: Break out section view

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is what I thought. Everything seems to be fixed in a later version. Upgrades guaranteed that way.

We will be testing NX11 soon, I will look at it again at that point.