Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge Curve vs. Studio Spline

Genius
Genius
I notice that the curve resulting from Bridge Curve is often called as "automatic cuve".

I also notice that many people use Bridge Curve very often in their practice of building framework for constructing surfaces.

From my limited experience with NX, Bridge Curve seems to be only a convinient tool, but not a tool giving highly expectable results in case of any post-adjustment of size. Therefore I would prefer to stick to Studio Spline by Poles and refrain from using Bridge Curve if possible.

Of course, when connecting 3D non-coplannar curves, constructing a Studio Spline to bridge them would be very time consuming, but Brige Curve would make it very easy. But as I said, the result from Bridge Curve would lead to certain concern about unexpectable change upon later size adjustment.

Your suggestions on the issue, especially about the usability of "automatic curve", would be highly appreciated.

Image.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Bridge Curve vs. Studio Spline

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @surfactant

I agree with you, you can find some suggestion in this thread

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Part-file-attached-Need-some-help-wi...

Ciao

Genius
Genius

Hi @Cesare I examined your prt files in that post. Very helpful. Thank you!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
It sounds in the initial post as if you will be analyzing the new shape as soon as you do any size adjustment, so then the difference between bridge curve and Studio Spline is ?
Both are associative and can be edited .
The benefit of the bridge is the speed. Many times two clicks + Ok is all you need.

Regards,
Tomas

Genius
Genius

Hi @1u7obd  My intent is that, the curves after size adjustment would not have any shape changs going beyond the original design. It's impossible for me to check every curve each time of size adjustment. Thanks!