Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing in points from an external file

Experimenter
Experimenter

I use to be able to bring points into a model from an external file.  I would pick "spline", "through points", "from file".  I'm using NX4 now and I don't see this option.  Help.

8 REPLIES

Re: Bringing in points from an external file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

We've broken out the importing of points as a separate operation which can be found at...

File -> Import -> Points from file...

After you import your point, you then use the new Fir Curve function to create your spline from the named Group of points created during the Import operation.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

However, you won't find this command in NX 4. In NX 4, you can still use the "spline" command for importing points. The command is well hidden to discourage its use, but it is still there somewhere. I don't remember if NX 4 includes "roles", but if it does, make sure you are using a role with full menus.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, I found it.  You'r right, they did hide it.

Siemens Phenom

Let me get this clear, are you asking a question about the usage of NX 4.0 or are you moving from NX 4 to a more current version like NX 9.0 or NX 10.0 and just needed to find out what changes we might have made?

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello. How can I bring the point set from created excel sheet? I remeber I use to bring from spline comant then from file.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I use NX10. It was possible in NX8. right?

Siemens Phenom

NX cannot import an Excel file directly when using this function.  You'll have to first extract the numerical data in the Excel file into a simple text file, usually where the fields are comma-delimited.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter
Yhank you very much