cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTRUCTION LINES

Does anyone Know why when I bring a model into the drafting enviorment sometimes it gives me everthing that is in the model including hidden construction lines and somtimes it dosen't?

5 REPLIES

Re: CONSTRUCTION LINES

Genius
Genius
What exactly do you mean by "bringing a model into the drafting environment"???? Are you placing views, adding a model as a component to a drawing file (master model concept) or something else?

Thanks.
-Tim

Phenom
Phenom

Check the reference set, make sure only the solid body you want, is in the "model" reference set.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

So i have created a model of a fixture plate with holes and I would like to view my sketch lines along with the model in the drafting enviorment. So when I am looking at the top view I can see the lines I used to create the holes for the Fixture Plate. I will use those lines to calucate my angle

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Like davek was telling check your reference sets of your model (menu->format-> reference set) here you can check wat is schoen in the different reference sets.

In drafting right click the model part en check wich reference set is active

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

The lines of your sketch are only shown , if your Reference set of your referenced part is set to "entire part". If only the sketch and the Solid Body/Faces should be displayed in a drafting view, you have to bring the sketch into a specific new Reference Set. We do this for example by creating a Reference Set called (DraftingSet) that comes with lines and the solids (without the faces). The OOTB "Model" Ref. could stay untouched...

greetings,

Andre