Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSYS showing in view

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have created a csys that I put on layer 60 and drawn a block.

When I add a view to my drawing and layer 60 is active, the csys shows on the view, but when I go and turn off layer 60 and update the view, the csys still shows, but if I add a new view the csys doesn't show.

Shouldn't the view update based on the layers that are visible at the time of the update?

4 REPLIES

Re: CSYS showing in view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While creating the view NX inherits the layer settings to the drafting application. With particular layer on/visible, the objects will show in the view that you are going to create in drafting. Views will update but you need to set/modify object visibility using option Layer Visible in View (Menu > Format > Layer Visible in View) to the individual view. 

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator
You can use reference set in drafting and exclude datum from that reference set in model. Layer visible in view option will also work

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

"Shouldn't the view update based on the layers that are visible at the time of the update?"

No; at the time a drafting view is placed, it uses the currently visible layers. It continues to use these layers until you change them with the "visible in view" command. If you want to update a drafting view to reflect the current state of the layers, open the visible in view dialog, choose the view, and press the "reset to global" button.

Phenom
Phenom

Press "Ctrl+W"(Show and Hide)-->Datums >>Hide(-)

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW