Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cam constraint

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

someone has an idea how to create a cam mate into NX without using motion, animation designer or mechatronic designer?

Annotation.png

Thank you...

Using NX11 and NX1847 serie
RuleDesigner PDM

8 REPLIES

Re: Cam constraint

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Is this for a single position only?

Or are you looking for something where the components can move (assembly arrangement or deformable or whatever)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @cubalibre00,

If you create a spline in your red part to define the black path you have drawn and insert a point (center of axis?) in the grey part where it meets the black path, then you could create an Align constraint between the grey and red parts that will mimic the cam effect that you're looking for.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom
Hi @BenBroad,
This was my intention, but I want to use the right commands.
1) I have the cam path in the red part that are lines and arcs, which command do you suggest me to create a derived curve that transform the original path in spline ?
2) Which commands do I should use to '....insert a point (center of axis?) in the grey part where it meets the black path...' point command, wave link for path...
Thank you...

RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You need to use "Join Curves" to make a single spline from the lines and the arcs.
You can create the point any way you like but I think it must lie on the spline.
I created an point at the arc center but with an rectangular offset such that it is "on" the spline.

Note that it did accept "corners" in the spline, - there is no fillet between the lines.

The top arrow points to the point-spline align constraint.

( My model is in NX12 format.)

Regards,
Tomas

2018-07-06_15-37-57.png

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Ben, Is there a replacement for Join Curves ?
The command finder flags it ( to be retired)
- He / She who decides that a specific function should be retired and notes that in the command finder, should also note what to use instead... - I see no direct replacement for Join Curves in cases such as this one.

Tomas

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@1u7obd wrote:
- He / She who decides that a specific function should be retired and notes that in the command finder, should also note what to use instead... - I see no direct replacement for Join Curves in cases such as this one.

Tomas

Extract geometry -> composite curve seems to be a viable replacement for join curves.

Phenom
Phenom
Thank you to all for the great support.
Thank you...

RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@cowski1 wrote:

@1u7obd wrote:

Tomas

Extract geometry -> composite curve seems to be a viable replacement for join curves.

Composite Curves supercedes Join Curves.

Alternate is Smooth Curve String

JoincurvesAlternate.png