Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not unfold this part in UG nx 11 ,please help

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have tried all the possible method to unfold attached part using analyze formability(one-step),please someone can fix it and let me know how to get a a unfold sheet,thanks very much.

5 REPLIES

Re: Can not unfold this part in UG nx 11 ,please help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I copied the body (1) into new sheet metal part, and after "Convert to Sheet Metal" cmd with setting "Preferences for sheet metal" thickness=1mm, I could make a Flat Pattern and Unbed the part like this:

flat pt.png

But the Convert takes a lots of minutes Smiley Wink. Could it be a solution for you?

The part is attached:

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
One more thing...The inner radius is only 0,08mm, If you want to bend it you should increase it. I think for 1mm thicknes is r=1mm, but I'm not sure of the exact numbers. :/

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks very much,it indeed can solve the problem for some of my parts. I have a project with may parts like this,but most of the parts still can not be unfold,it reminds the following information when i try to convert to sheet metal part,because the part itself is a solid,i don't know what do do about this,i also try to create a midleface,sew them together, trying to unfold using one-step analysis,but still no luck...it would be apprecaite if you could take more time to check this part for me.111111111.png

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Can I ask how these parts were created?  For a valid sheet metal part, the material must be a constant thickness.  Convert to Sheet Metal can convert most things and in some cases cleanup and/or optimize face are needed before converting.  Take a look through the part and see if it can even be manufactured.  for example, this area would be a challenge and may be the cause of Convert not allowing flattening.

Picture1.png

See if you can adjust the geometry to get the following profile before trying to convert

2017-08-29 08_39_21-NX 11.0.2.7 - Sheet Metal - [sheet_metal_model4.prt (Modified) ].jpg

Have a look at the attached.  You'll note some areas have been removed - they would need 'fixing' too.

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks for the reply and advise,now i know how to fix them now.