Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not use "Trim recipe curve" to trim a revolved edge - NX11

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,   I'm new to the forum and NX11, I've just moved from Solidwork to NX. I got a problem when I used "Project Curve" to project a round edge of a revolved object and then use "Trim recipe curve" to trim off the outside project curve. But I couldn't do it. I've tried many times but the sections that I want to discard and keep always change place together. Could anyone here help me resolve this problem?

Sorry If my English is hard to understand.

Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES

Re: Can not use "Trim recipe curve" to trim a revolved edge - NX11

Legend
Legend

Difucult to know if you have projected the curve into the second sketch containing the boundary curves, if so just use quick trim within the sketch environment.

Phenom
Phenom
Why does all of this HAVE to be done within the context of a Sketch? I know I'm "old school" from time to time but Sketches aren't mandatory....
-Tim

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Henry_Ha,

I am not sure if you did anything radically different than what I show in the movie below, but my only guess is that one or both of your lines don't fully intersect the projected curve. Take a look at the video:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @TimF

I'm from older school too, very very old.... ;-)

Legend
Legend

I've been using since UNIGRAPHICS V11, that's a long time and I could never understand anyone that would not use sketcher, it's come a long way since we had to deal with pre v13 sketches, believe me if you get used to sketching everything becomes so much easier Smiley Wink 

Phenom
Phenom
@joewhite,

I've used it since then as well and I didn't intend to imply not to ever use Sketcher, only that there were possibly other options that might work just as well. I'm a fan of getting the job done, not trying to force a workflow that can be done just as easily another way, particularly if it's giving me an issue like the OP and not necessarily making everything easier. Smiley Wink

But hey, to each their own - not everyone is going to agree that certain things have to be done a certain way and I certainly don't have a problem with that at all.
-Tim

Legend
Legend

Guess a lot of Modeling techniques come down to the Product you make, as all of our equipment is reused in another form at some point we like the freedom to SaveAs and edit some sketch expressions to change the models. We also have hundreds of Standard Reusable Features driven to size by the Reuse Spreadsheets, sketching makes this possible also. Not forgetting thousands of complex Commercial Fittings and Fasteners Part Families.

The great thing about NX is you will find one of the many techniques will suit your product and your workflow. Smiley Very Happy

Phenom
Phenom

@joewhite,

Yep, agree 100% about the type of product impacting the techniques/workflows and what might best suit the user's company.

-Tim

Creator
Creator

Thank all. I think my laptop has a problem so I've reinstalled Windows and NX 11. It works very well.