cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't WAVE link a sketch segment, that is referenced, as a Composite Curve

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Recently installed NX 11 and it seems you can't WAVE link referenced sketch curves with the Composite Curve WAVE Geometry Linker? 

This seems like new behavior (correct me if I'm wrong).

We do top-down, interpart modeling and our top-level source files typically use referenced sketch curved and we want to be able to WAVE those in without having to ask the source file owner to make all the sketch elements active. 

Any suggestions, is there a setting to change this behavior?

TIA,

SMO

5 REPLIES

Re: Can't WAVE link a sketch segment, that is referenced, as a Composite Curve

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

In NX11 (if i'm correct NX11.0.1) there is a option added to the sketch settings to display reference curves.

Maybe that by adding by siemens has killed the option to wave link a reference curve.

The display setting makes it possible to hide reference curves when finishing the sketch.

in NX10 it was possible to wave link a reference curve.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yeah, we turned on the Display Reference Curves in the Sketch Preferences (which is new) and I was wondering if that was part of the message, "shouldn't see or link reference sketch curves."

Hopefully that's not the message and that WAVE function is returned.

Thank you for your reply.

Sketch can be wave linked (with type: Sketch) and display of reference curves can be controlled separately from the settings of the wave linked sketch.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Ganesh,

The WAVE type, Sketch does still works however you're forced to WAVE the entire sketch.

Before you could avoid that by using the, Composite Curve type and selecting individual curves of a sketch (so long as the curves were not crossing). This still works with active (non-reference) sketch curves.

Hopefully this will be changed back because this is an unfortunate loss in functionality.

Thanks again,
SMO

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

"Hopefully this will be changed back because this is an unfortunate loss in functionality."

Open an incident report (IR) with GTAC to make sure that they are aware about this loss of functionality.