Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the HULL command

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

As a naval architect I am learning NX to use with ship design to expand my skills. I am familiar with basic NX modelling but when I try to follow the documentation on ship design I unfortunately get stuck:

In the documentation is suggested that I should use the "hull"-command to create my hull from faces/bodies. It says that I should be able to find the command here: Home tab→Steel Features group→Hull, but I can't. The search function displays the command is available via the Gateway application but as soon I start Gateway the search function says the "hull"-command is not available.

Could anyone please help me out on this problem, which is slowly wrecking my nerves...

Jesse

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't find the HULL command

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Jessedev,

From description looks like you are finding it in native NX.

Ship structure applications will be available in managed NX mode.

In the documentation is suggested that I should use the "hull"-command to create my hull from faces/bodies. It says that I should be able to find the command here: Home tab→Steel Features group→Hull, but I can't. The search function displays the command is available via the Gateway application but as soon I start Gateway the search function says the "hull"-command is not available.

Hull command can be found in Home tab→Steel Features group when you are in "Ship Structure Basic Design" application.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply @GaneshKadole. I am able to start the Ship Design Application and most of the commands, only the hull command does not appear. Do you mean that when NX would be ran out of a Teamcenter-environment, this command would be available?

Jesse

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

With managed NX (Teamcenter environment) you can find it in "Ship Structure Basic Design" application.

Native_NX_Command_Finder.jpgNative_NX_Command_Finder

Managed_NX_Hull_Command.jpgManaged_NX_Hull_Command

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your help @GaneshKadole. Indeed I was able to find the "hull"-command in managed NX. Unfortunately I am not able to complete the command:

137e52d1ef

I'm afraid the absence of materials in Teamcenter is the source of this problem.

b0d619f827Alerts while using "hull"-command

I assume these materials can be loaded into Teamcenter using the Ship Structure Library installation as can be found in he NXShip-folder. However, I'm not able to run this .bat file as I am experiencing the following error:

0737c01750Ship Library Installation Wizard error

Thank you for your time!

Greetings,

Jesse

Siemens Phenom

Hi Jesse,

Please install the Ship Library first inside your TC environment.

you will find the instructions in your Default NX installation folder...  NXSHIP/Installation Tool/

Once these standard parts are imported you can do whatsoever you want to do.

Thanks and Best Regards

Kapil Sharma