Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use "replace part" command with Teamcenter NX

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to use "replace part" command in my electrical essembly but I'm getting this error. I think what's happening is it is not looking in Teamcenter when I try replacing the part. How can I fix this? Is this my enviromental variables?

4 REPLIES

Re: Can't use "replace part" command with Teamcenter NX

Legend
Legend

Have you checked if the Part Family Member has been created / exists in Teamcenter?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes, I searched for it in teamcenter and it's there.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Nevermind I was able to figure it out...I needed to use "replace component" not "replace part"

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @ndelvecchi088,

Two known reasons why this could happen:

1) The part family "master" is not in the database.

To find the part family master, make the member the work part and attempt to create a part family out of it. You should get a popup telling you it already belongs to a part family and the parent file is listed:

replace_part.png

2) The ptb file that is associated with the part family is out of sync with the part family.

A little more complicated...  You would need to know where these members belong in the hierarchal list within the routing part library (e.g. in the Routing Part Library node of the Reuse Library).  From there you can cross reference the node in the list to the node in the PLV file (inch or metric) and then locate the ptb file for that node. 

NODE  flx_con_45
    NAME Connector 45 Degree
    TABLE flx_con_45.ptb
END_OF_NODE

Open the ptb file in a text editor and make sure the member exists in that file.  Open the corresponding part family template spreadsheet and make sure the new member exists and that the master has the correct name:

"7387"   1.0     .5625   1.375   .5      .5      "Aluminum"   "23605"      "flx_con_45.prt"

It's possible that new members were added in the part family spreadsheet, or the ptb file, and the two weren't synchronized using update_fam_from_ptb.exe.

If you get lost, please consider calling GTAC.

Regards, Ben