Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open new File or create a new one

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hallo, I have a strange problem with Nx10:

it starts ok but when I try to open a file (any file, which I have used until yesterday) or when create a new one, the sw "doesn't respond": it starts "thinking", but nothing happens (it seems like entering a loop, see image below) and I have to force it off (ctrl+alt+cancel).

The license server is ok, the previous versions (NX9 and NX8,5) work perfectly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled NX10, but the problem is not solved.

The log file doesn't say anything, maybe the system crashes before writing the problem.

Does anybody have suggestions? Thank you so much

below is the snapshot, when trying to open a file: The file is opened but then it stops like that, with the "work in progress" icon going

nx10.jpg

4 REPLIES

Re: Cannot open new File or create a new one

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Lauras,

The screen shot suggest that NX is failing to finish establishing the user interface.

Because you have just reinstalled NX, the most likely contributors that remain that could cause this situation are, (a) something is no longer available - moved / missing mapped drives / network shares, environment variables pointing to unavaialble locations etc. Or (b) something residual from yesterday's session - Dialog memory, UI customizations, registry etc. Of the "residual" possibilities, the most likely (based on the screen shot) is your user.mtx file in the "%localappdata%\Siemens\nx100" directory.

Try renaming your user.mtx and relaunching NX.

Regards,

Joe

Solution Partner Genius

Thank you SO MUCH Joe, I have renamed my user.mtx and everything works now! :-))

Solution Partner Genius

Hello Joe,

the same problem happened again (twice). I attach the user.mtx file. It is much heavier than usual, and as you can see there is similar rows repeated again and again, see below;  I think there are strange things about "visibility" and "floatingverticalwidth".

Maybe the problem is something related to visibility or to  the graphic board? Actually you can notice a great delay in MB3 dropdown view , when the problem is starting. After this, either you have to kill NX or you may go on working -with very slow MB3 selection- but NX will not start when a new session is launched.

nx.JPG

nx2.JPG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Laurus,

I believe this is a known issue. I don't have the PR number, but I'm pretty sure this issue will be fixed in the upcomming NX 10.0.3 MP3. If all goes right, should be out there next week.

For now, the only work around would still be delete/rename the user.mtx.

Check with that version, and if this is not fixed by that MP, I would suggest to file an IR.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software