Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center line changing in thickness

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So,

we use 0,25 line width group, which is 0,25 for thick and 0,13 for thin ones.

Views added via wizard or manualy show correct line width.

But once I try to edit any centerline it changes to 0,35 mm. Why? How to prevent this?

Its not much of a trouble (to change it back to 0,13) since I am already in edit menu, but still anoying.

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Center line changing in thickness

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@dziubelis,

Trying hitting the reset icon in the upper right corner of the dialog and see if that gets the default value you have set.
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reset didn't help.
If I change from 0,35 to 0,13 and then hit reset it changes back to 0,35. It must be inheriting this setting from some place? But as I said, then creating views it creates 0,13 centerlines.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@dziubelis,

What are your Drafting Preferences showing the default line weight to be for a Centerline (Drafting Preferences -> scroll down the list to Annotation -> Centerline)? What about your Customer Defaults? Are you using a template, if so, you'll have to check the Drafting Preferences in the template file and possibly change there.

I recall this happening to me for quite some time and I finally figured it out but I do not recall what exactly it was that I did to fix the issue.

You could also have a corrupt dialog memory file - you can test this by either renaming or moving the DialogMemory.dlx file from your user directory and see if the Centerline dialog changes that width value. I would try any and all of the above before doing this because that will reset all dialogs and as you use them, you will have to expand and enter values to get them back to what they were.
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6