Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Center of face as a feature

Dear All,

I want to have a point feature as a center of face. So if the face updates then the point feature updates too. I found the journal to find center of face (Link below) but I need to update the point every time I change the face

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization/Finding-the-center-of-a-...

Thank you

Sina shojaee
5 REPLIES

Re: Center of face as a feature

Hi Sina,

Does Point/Point on Face (UParameter=.5 and V Parameter=.5) has any issue in you case?

If you wish to update the center point of the face even when the face is trimmed/cut or modified then you can use Extract Geometry/Face (FIX AT CURRENT TIMESTAMP option is OFF ) and then use the Point/Point on Face (UParameter=.5 and V Parameter=.5) 

Best Regards

Kapil

Thank you Kapil,
It was interesting solution but my face is not planar. So the center of face may be a point that is not on my face.
Sina shojaee

So, to be clear, you are looking for the "center of mass" (for lack of a better term) of the face and not the geometric center of the face?

Dear cowski,

As you said I think you are correct. At first I thought they are the same but I realy want center of mass as a feature.

Sina shojaee

Hi Sina,

Just out of curiosity ...can you please share with us the motive behind finding the center point of a face.

Regards

Kapil