Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center points of datum coordinate systems appear in drafting

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When I add a view in drafting and then hide the datums, the center point of the datum coordinate systems stills appears in the view. I have to enter the 3D hide the datum coordinate sytem then it disappears from view in drafting and it keeps hide if I show it again in 3D. This behaviour is new for me since I updated to NX12. How can I avoid that? 

5 REPLIES

Re: Center points of datum coordinate systems appear in drafting

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

After hiding the datum CSYS while in the drafting application, either select individual view > update or select the drawing node from part navigator and perform update.

This behaviour is new for me since I updated to NX12.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ganesh, updating view is a quicker way to solve it. Anyway I hope this behaviour will be corrected in future releases.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Javiduc,

You'll see this behavior for any curve objects (lines, arcs, points, splines, sketches) that are hidden, or shown, in the view. They do not cause a feature update and therefore the view is not flagged "Out of Date".  The same is true if the Reference Set of a master model is changed to show (or hide) model curves.

The documentation on Extract edges in drafting views may help to explain the behavior.  Enhancement Request (ER 2160781) asks that the view status change to "Out of Date" following a change in the display of model curves in a view.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The new behaviour, which I find wrong is not the status of the view, is that now when hiding datum components, points representing the center of the datum coordinate systems doesnt disappear while the coordinate system itself does. That didnt happen in NX11, in NX11 when toggling datums to hide, no datum element remained shown.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Javiduc,

That didnt happen in NX11

Yes, I see that too.  Sorry I went off at a tangent there...

Can you open an IR with GTAC so they can have development review this change in behavior?

Regards, Ben