Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change arrangement of drafting view

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Doug,

I really like your workaround and it work really well so far.

However I came up with a problem when using parts list.
When parts list settings are set to "master model" the software adds components as many times you add an assembly on a different arrangment.
The only workaround I found to this day is to manually select components when editing levels and turn off the master model button.

How do you deal with that glitch?

Thanks

Fred T.
NX 8.5 (Teamcenter)

Fred Tremblay
MDA Corporation
Fred Tremblay
Le Groupe RENOCONTROL

Phenom
Phenom

@Fred_Tremblay wrote:

Hi Doug,

I really like your workaround and it work really well so far.

However I came up with a problem when using parts list.
When parts list settings are set to "master model" the software adds components as many times you add an assembly on a different arrangment.
The only workaround I found to this day is to manually select components when editing levels and turn off the master model button.

How do you deal with that glitch?

Thanks

Fred T.
NX 8.5 (Teamcenter)

Fred Tremblay
MDA Corporation

The workaround is absurd. The best workaround is to add a view with the different arrangement, edit the other view and inherit to the added view and the view change the arrangement. The last view can be deleted.

Thank you...

Using NX11 and NX1847
RuleDesigner PDM

Experimenter
Experimenter
Stay calm cubalibre00! :-)

The approach Doug suggested is the only way so far to be able to switch from an arrangment to another in an existing drawing view without recreating views each time.
When having multiples arrangments this saves a lot of time creating drawing pages showing differents arrangments.
Fred Tremblay
Le Groupe RENOCONTROL

Phenom
Phenom

@Fred_Tremblay wrote:
Stay calm cubalibre00! :-)

The approach Doug suggested is the only way so far to be able to switch from an arrangment to another in an existing drawing view without recreating views each time.
When having multiples arrangments this saves a lot of time creating drawing pages showing differents arrangments.

Maybe you don't have understand my workaround. You can switch from arrangement without the absurd Doug suggestion, but you can do everything.

Thank you...

Using NX11 and NX1847
RuleDesigner PDM

Experimenter
Experimenter
Fred,

The only solution to your parts list problem I can see is to move the second copy or instance of your part and make it a component of the drawing file. Then you only have one under the master model. We do this with reference geometry all the time so that when you pull the part lists you take form the master model and only get the parts you need to order for that assembly. I hope this helps. By the way I am still using NX version 7.5 so based on that we are limited. I understand V10 has built in tools so you do not have to do this.

Thanks,
Doug
Douglas Bottom
Cad System Administrator/Sr. Design Engineer

Osram Sylvania
Specialty Lighting NAFTA
275 West Main St
Hillsboro, NH 03244
Phone: (603)464-7588
Fax: (603)464-7111
mailto:doug.bottom@osram.com
The information in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmissions, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.