Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default Interaction Method in Part Properties -> Attributes

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there,

our company recently migrated to from NX9 to NX11. I just realized that Bulk Edit is now available under Attributes in the Part Properties. Although Bulk Edit certainly is a useluss feature, I think if one is only after viewing a part's properties, the traditional view is the better choice. To switch on the traditional view I have to select it from the "Interaction Method" dropdown in the Attributes tab each and every time.

Is there any way to set the Traditional View as the default Interaction Method?

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Change default Interaction Method in Part Properties -> Attributes

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi ,

It depends on the dialog memory.

Launch the Part properties dialog, change the Interaction Method to "Traditional" and Hit OK on main dialog.

So the next time you launch the properties dialog, the Interaction Method will set to "Traditional".

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin Patil

Re: Change default Interaction Method in Part Properties -> Attributes

Legend
Legend

Hello @Pegasus,

I can confirm what @SachinSP said.

We discussed this matter with GTAC when we switched to Nx11 and we logged an ER accordingly in order to be able to set the parameter directly in customer default for example.

=========================================================================================

8364759OPENNRBulk edit vs Traditional

o  Short Description of desired enhancement:
Have an option in the customer defaults to choose between bulk edit or traditional in Attributes context interaction method

o  What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
Today, the interaction method is stored in the dialog memory (dlx)
We would like an entry in the customer defaults to set a default value.

o  What result are you trying to achieve?
We would like the whole company to use the same method for editing Part attributes

o  Do you currently have a workaround?
No

o  Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision PLM providing for this capability?
Add a entry in the customer defaults

o  What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
Low

=========================================================================================

Please feel free to ask GTAC to be added to this ER if you'd like it to be implemented.

Best regards,

Frédéric.